Smart Electric Drive Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Monthly Sales
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:46 pm 

Way to go Smart ED!

http://insideevs.com/june-2014-plug-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/

Quote:

SMART ForTwo Electric Drive: Someone has to be smiling at Daimler’s HQ this month as the smart Ed almost took out the BMW i3 for sales in June.

Somehow, an astounding 278 fully electric smarts were sold in June – that’s a new record high – for the 4th month in a row! Considering the brand as a whole only sold 673 cars, EV sales easily accounted for more than 50% of the automotive revenue for smart in June.

Post subject: Re: Monthly Sales
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:31 am 

Hello

Its great that 278 Smart ed's were sold in June. And even better, that I was one of them. I have had it for 17 days now, and its still a hoot. Have gone for 17 days without a gas fill up, and even better, 17 days with free charging at the municipal charging stations. Its the best city car I can imagine. I Drive 1000 miles a year, and only an occasional passenger. Sometimes a couple of bags of groceries. Got the Electric Green, and it is stunning. I can see folks walking down the street from my office window at work, and they stop and gawk.

I really like the upscale features like, AC, Remote Entry, one button down power windows, rear window defrost, rear wiper, and in winter, I will appreciate the heated seats. While I have charged at the J1772 plugs around, I love the fact that in a pinch, I can just plug it into the wall overnight. I am getting 3.9 to 4.0 miles per KWhr. :D :P :mrgreen:

I have kept track of Lic No's, and so far, I have logged 11 Smart cars on the Island of Nantucket. Only one ED, but that's going to change shortly.

Sin_Gas

'14 Smart electric drive, White & Electric Green, .3 Kmiles
'08 Volvo C30, Red Sox Edition, Red, 40 Kmiles
'04 Volvo XC 70, White, 126 Kmilles
'04 Volvo XC 90, Blue, 166 Kmiles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:01 am 

http://insideevs.com/november-2014-plug ... port-card/

Quote:
Surprise OEM of November? Smart sold 313 of their electric drive ForTwo – an all-time best, and a result that would embarrass us if we were Ford and yet to reach that level in 3 years with the Focus Electric.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:32 pm 

http://insideevs.com/december-2014-plug ... port-card/

Quote:
SMART ForTwo Electric Drive: One again the all-electric smart came out of nowhere to destroy expectations. For December 351 were sold! A new monthly record (again) for parent Daimler.

BOOM!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:46 am 

When is the next sale?