Smart Electric Drive Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Floor mats
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:10 pm 

Does anyone know of a floor mat that covers the full length of the dead pedal? The Weathertech mat goes less than half way up the dead pedal and Michelin doesn't make mats for the Smart. Those are the only two brands I'm aware of that make a laser scanned mat that extends up the sides of the foot well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Floor mats
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:06 pm 
Site Moderator

Sure looks like the (Weathertech) go farther than half-way (see first link) but I can tell you that the OEM mats from smart covers the dead pedasl pretty well.

http://www.weathertech.com/smart/2011/fortwo/floor-mats-all-weather/?utm_source=PLA&utm_medium=CPCPLA&utm_content=2011SmartForTwoFM&utm_campaign=GoogleShop&gclid=CjwKEAjwre6dBRC94d-Gma7g3wcSJACNatZeDWyRso4sMKT1oK-48X1NZoZufRrVtCbNjaDY0YQGyBoC9Qvw_wcB

Although mine from my '08 smart don't quite look like these -- my older OEM mats fit our new '14 smart cabrio just fine so I kept them when we traded in the car as they were still in fine shape after 47K miles even through Chicago winters

I would simply check to see who has the best price on the OEM 'ribbed' (or rubber) mats

2012 Nissan LEAF SL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:08 am 

I bought the Weathertech Floorliners which fit very well. The coverage is excellent except for the top half of the dead pedal.

I have cut a piece of vinyl and plan to attach it to extend the dead pedal coverage by using ShoeGoo .

ESMART, thanks for the picture of the rubber mats. They look like they would fit well but I prefer the "up the side of the footwell " treatment of the Floorliners.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:24 am 

I have the All Weather Floor Mats from http://smartonlineparts.com/

They are $45 and fit perfect. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:55 pm 

You can get wide variety of floor mats from Floormat Systems, which provide floor mats for industrial, commercial, and residential applications and custom mats and matting solutions for special projects. To know more can navigate to this website.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:48 am 

I highly recommend the weathertech liners, as they do provide the best floor protection. In case you are not a fan of rubber mats, you can check out carpet custom ft floor mats made by Lloyd.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:26 am 

I am still very pleased with my Weathertech mats after more than 2 years. All the detritus that gets in the car stays in the mat until you remove and wash them. They are expensive but worth the money to me.